Scroll down for Portfolio images of artworks
Conception: In 2001 I began a
series of paintings based on fragments of the dreams that I could
remember - my dreams tend to fade very quickly. I also frequently have
visual ideas and these spontaneous thoughts or "visions" were always
scribbled down as potential paintings. I use a textured style most
often, either threads or dots of paint, to create a level of transience,
atmosphere and energy. These works are ongoing. I see them more as an
expression of my subconscious and I try not to analyse them too much.
There are many recurring motifs in these pictures - the falling man is
partly in homage to Hitchcock but also because I suffer vertigo.
1. 2003 Solo show "Twilights and Nocturnes" at Hazelhurst community gallery, Gymea, Sydney.
2. 2006 Solo show "Searching for Enlightenment" at Wallspace gallery, Surry Hills Sydney.
3. 2010 Solo show "Dangerous Dreams" at Hurstville Regional Museum, Sydney.
4. 2014 Solo show "Edge of Reality" at Mercure Gallery, Potts Point, Sydney.
1. These paintings have featured in numerous art prize exhibitions and group shows since 2007 (see Art CV).
The painting “Introspection
2006” was featured in the textbook Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives
by Paul Okami (Oxford University Press USA, ISBN: 9780199856619)