Scroll down for Portfolio of artworks
Concept: The title of this project was adapted from the Charta
cosmographica (~1550) and related medieval atlases - the first attempts to
chart the earth and its place in the heavens. This project and the related exhibitions investigate our place
in the cosmos through paintings, works on paper, illustrations
and unique stippled-paper/light box installations. The artworks on display, including two by my son Julian Henderson, a designer and illustrator based in Sydney,
reflect a range of scientific, spiritual and philosophical concepts. Certain
themes such as creation and the afterlife, or isolation and connectivity, are
juxtaposed to help stimulate ideas and viewer participation.
1. "Dreams of Utopia" 2014 was shortlisted for the New World Art Prize, 2014.
2. "Convergence" 2014 was shortlisted for the New World Art Prize 2015.
3. "Celestial #1, #2 and #3" were selected and displayed at the BEAMS light art festival, Chippendale Sydney in 2015.
4. "Cosmographica" show at Carlton Project Space, Chippendale, Sydney (Nov, 2015).
5. "Northern Exposure 4" group show at the Glasshouse Regional Gallery, Port Macquarie, April 2016. Exhibited "Tree of Life" 2015.
6. "Cosmographica" show at the Glasshouse Regional Gallery, Port Macquarie (Feb-March 2017).
1. Light box for Celestial #2 was published in Art Guide Australia, Feb 2017.
2. Feature article on Cosmographica published in Focus Magazine, Port Macquarie (Feb 2017)