Concept: The title of this project borrows
from the signature triptych which uses a concentric radial geometry to portray
the genesis of life (or afterlife depending on how you view the work).
This series of artworks, initially conceived as studies for lightboxes, comprise thousands of
dots (ink on paper/canvas), and use a repeating branch/leaf motif to form abstracted templates that are
then further decorated with short text messages, geometric shapes, various
flora and fauna, DNA helices and human figures.
notion of symmetry underlies all of the compositions as it does all of biology
and the development of species from the beginning of gene expression through to
tissue differentiation. These works investigate the rhythm and harmony of
nature and the underlying deep connection between all forms of life, including
The project is ongoing and other styles of painting, and also 3D works will be used to explore the interconnectivity of "us" and the cosmos.
1. BEAMS light art festival, Chippendale Sydney. September 2016. Display of three lightboxes that together make up the triptych "Eternal garden".
2. Mandorla Art Prize 2016 (theme: The Resurrection). Exhibition and shortlisting of "Heart and Soul" 2016 at Linton&Kay Galleries, Perth. This later toured through hospitals and exhibited at St. Mary's Cathedral in Perth for one month.
3. Group show "Untitled" at Traffic Jam Galleries, Neutral Bay in Sydney (April 2017). Exhibition of "Symmetry of Nature" and "Eternal Garden" triptyches.
4. "Cosmographica" solo show at the Glasshouse regional gallery, Port Macquarie (Feb-March 2017). Inclusion of "Symmetry of Nature" and "Eternal Garden" triptyches.
5. Artwalk 2017, Port Macquarie (April 20, 2017). Display of "Embryo" and "Eternal Garden" lightboxes.
6. Lethbridge 10000 Art Prize, June-July 2017. Online finalist with online display of "Nestling" 2017 painting.
"Heart and Soul" 2016 has been acquired by the New Norcia Religious Art Collection in Western Australia.
1. "Heart and Soul" published in Catalogue for Mandorla Art Prize 2016.
2. "Heart and Soul" to be published in Religious Diary 2018 (David Lovell Publications, Melbourne).
3. "Forest" 2017 and "Nestling" 2017 images to be used for vinyl LP record cover (details to follow).